The delivery of world class safety training, whether the courses you are looking to book are working at height, confined space, fire safety and prevention, emergency or incidence response plan or health and safety requires a thorough understanding of a subject area.
When your organisation decides to select your training provider, you need complete assurance and total complete peace of mind, that they possess vast hands-on real-life experiences of tackling incidents and rescues, trained above nationally recognised standards, are good communicators and hold high levels of expertise in their subject discipline.
If you decide to book your next training course with HFR Solutions CIC, you can be assured that all our instructors meet this criteria as well as possessing a background in the fire and rescue service. By utilising the skills, experience and knowledge of Humberside Fire & Rescue Service (HFRS) reinforces our commitment to delivering the highest levels of safety training to your delegates and helping your organisation to implement safer systems of work and incident response plan.
Welcome to the HFR Solutions CIC Instructors Team
With over 120 years collective experience the HFR Solutions CIC team of instructors are here to help, deliver best practice training methods, and share their experiences and expertise. If you would like to learn more about our team, their specialism and experiences check out the pen profiles below;
Ian Marritt – Service Delivery Manager
Health and Safety, Project Planning and Implementation, Policy Making and Account Specialist
Worked for Humberside Fire Service for over 20 years in both operational and support functions. Since the inception of HFR Solutions CIC, Ian has been integral to the success and growth of the business.
- Served with Humberside Fire & Rescue Service for over 20 years
- 20 years’ experience & lead in the delivery of casualty extrication
- 7 years’ experience in training and development
- Vast experience in the delivery of large and small scale projects
- United Kingdom Rescue Organisation (UKRO) project team member
- Technical rescue assessment at national and International level
- Service Delivery Manager HFR Solutions CIC – responsible for service delivery (except for long term contracts)
Shaun Lyons – Senior Instructor
Working at Heights, Confined Space, Emergency Response and IOSH Training Specialist
Shaun is a highly experienced manager operating across various environments, including organisations who require dynamic solutions for high risk activities. He is extremely passionate about improving safety and standards within our workplace and providing practical advice, whilst maintaining legislative compliance.
- Fire officer serving with Humberside Fire & Rescue Service for 24 years
- Specialist advisor to all industries, including the renewable sector & COMAH sites in emergency response procedures, rescue plans and training
- Operations Manager for 24/7 rescue teams at top tier COMAH site
- Work at height and confined space specialist instructor
Tony Harvey – Senior Instructor
Incident and Emergency Response Training Specialist
Served with Humberside Fire and Rescue Service for 27 years, working in specialist areas such as fire safety, recruitment, discipline, training and managing one of the services group of fire stations. Tony experiences include attending large operational incidents in a managerial capacity.
- Humberside Fire and Rescue Service serving as an Operational Fire Officer throughout the region
- Technical Fire Safety Manager – Grimsby
- Media Relations Officer – Service Headquarters
- 2004 - Group Manager responsible for Goole, West Hull, Snaith, Howden and Brough Fire Stations
- 2012 retired from Humberside Fire and Rescue Service
- 2013 to present – HFR Solutions CIC Lead Instructor
Dale Barratt – Senior Instructor
Working at Heights Training Specialist
Dale has served with Humberside Fire and Rescue Service for over 15 years and has operated in a number of operational roles, including at a technical rescue station. Dale joined HFR Solutions CIC in 2012 as a Lead Instructor focusing on Working at Height, primarily for the Renewables sector.
- Served with Humberside Fire & Rescue for 17 years
- Served as an operational Firefighter
- Served at bases such as Immingham West, Scunthorpe and Brigg
- Secondment to HFR Solutions CIC – January 2013 – Present
- Technical rescue station lead for Rope and confined space instructor
- HFR Solutions CIC lead for rope rescue training
Rob Granger – Senior Instructor
Medical/Trauma and Fire Safety Training Specialist
Rob has served with Humberside Fire and Rescue Service for the past 11 years in a number of operational and managerial delivery roles including the training division. Rob joined HFR Solutions CIC in 2013 as a Lead Instructor focusing on medical and trauma care.
- Served with Humberside Fire & Rescue Service since 2005
- Seconded to HFR Solutions CIC in 2013
- Worked in emergency healthcare for 8 years