Safe Moving & Handling of Patients
Course Cost: Price on application
Forthcoming Course Dates
Training Course Information
If your organisation is responsible for patient movement & handling, this course is ideal for you.
Date of Next Course: Upon Application
Duration: 1 Day
The Safe Moving & Handling of Patients training course is designed for organisations who are responisble for assisting a patient with their own movements.
Moving people is the biggest cause of injuries to both staff and service users, with the HSE reporting that approximately 5,000 moving and handling injuries are reported every year, with 2,000 occuring in social care.
Keeping your patients safe and contributing towards high stardards of patient care are critical and essential towards maintaining a positive perception within the local community and the overall success of your nursing home and residential care organisation.
Our Safe Moving & Handling of Patients training course is primarily aimed at the health and care sector and provides the following delegate benefits;
- Making the process of moving and handling patients as safe as possible
- Move and handle people in a way that provides dignity and greater comfort to the patient
- Can be tailored to suit the individual pieces of equipment used in your organisation
- Is ideal for any organisation with responsibility for assisting a patient with their own movements or enabling movement when a patient is incapacitated
Unique Challenges Associated With Moving Patients
Unique risks and challenges associated with the movement of patients include:
- Heavier objects
- Duty of care – keeping and moving patients safely
- Use of specialised equipment
HFR Solutions Safe Moving & Handling of Patients training course will provide best practice processes for patient movement and the use of specialised equipment.
This comprehensive training course syllabus covers;
- Musculoskeletal system
- Health, safety and dignity
- Risk and risk assessment
- Safe handling techniques
- Sit to stand and stand to sit
- Assisted walking
- Bed mobility
- Slings, hoists and ancillary equipment
- Emergency patient movement
- Special patient groups
- Safe use of wheelchairs
The benefits for yoour nursing home and residential care home booking delegates onto a HFR Solutions CIC specialised Safe Moving & Handling of Patients training course includes;
- This course will help to set the standards for moving patients within the nursing home and residential care home sectors
- Best practice techniques - for moving and handling people with the least amount of effort
- New skills - Improve the competence levels of your team
- Peace of mind
- Patient care - It will help to contribute towards improving patient care
- Improving morale – Your team will be trained in advanced manual handling best practice techniques
- Legal compliance - provide you and your organisation with a better understanding of legalisation and how it may effect your operation
- Familiarisation and usage of specialist equipment
The Safe Moving and Handling of Patients training programme is designed to provide delegates with the essential knowledge and understanding of safe moving techniques to prevent personal injury to the patient and to the person who is being moved, as well as covering industry legal requirements relevant to the handling of people.
Upon successfully completion of the Safe Moving & Handling of Patients 1 Day training course, delegates will receive certification.
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations (MHOR) 1992 and revised version March 2004
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999