HFR Solutions CIC’s expertise in the delivery of the aforementioned emergency preparation and response is evidenced through our delivery of workable solutions for the following sectors;
- COMAH Sites (both top and lower tier sites)
- Heavy industry operations
- High-risk environments (mining /quarries)
- Local authorities
- Petrochemicals (chemical and polymer manufacturing/processing)
- Power and utilities
- Renewables and offshore wind
HFR Solutions CIC was recently approached by a low-tier COMAH site, to provide a comprehensive and independent review of their existing Emergency Response Plans and Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP). As part of the process, we identified some gaps in existing processes, based upon credible scenarios relevant to their operations and to the risk profile of their business.
The emergency response service provision provided to customer included;
- Review of existing Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP)
- A series of six Scenario Intervention Plans
- Emergency Response Training
- Fire Marshal Training (including Fire Extinguisher Training)
The solution also included some realistic emergency response and incident command training, in order to increase the competency levels of their on-site and incident response teams.
Emergency response plans
Like many COMAH sites, they fully understand the importance of keeping their company’s Emergency Response Plans and MAPP constantly updated. These were comprehensively reviewed and amended to ensure all documentation was updated, accessible and the information would be easy to use in the event of an emergency.
A series of six Scenario Intervention Plans were produced to support the business, each focused on a credible scenario within an identified area of hazard and risk. One side of the A3 plan provides visual information on the specific area, identifying key items and on the other side a full colour plan, including details of responses required by the following personnel:
- On-site personnel and incident controllers
- First Responders
- Second Responders
- Third Responders