Enhanced GWO First Aid (EFAR) Refresher
Course Code EFAR
Course Cost: Open - £290.00 + Vat Per Delegate (Subject To Mini Delegate Numbers) | Closed - £1450 + Vat Per Course (Max Delegate Numbers-6)
Forthcoming Course Dates
Training Course Information
Upgrade your existing GWO First Aid certification - With the 2-Day Enhanced GWO First Aid Refresher Course
Date of Next Course: 6th & 7th February
Venue: HFR Solutions Training Centre, Hessle, Nr Hull
Duration: 2 Days
Validation: 2 Years
Awarding Body: GWO (Global Wind Organisation
For any delegates wanting to book on the Enhanced GWO First Aid Refresher course, we require the following documentation
- Full medical fitness
- In-date GWO Basic First Aid or EFA certificate
In-order to follow guidelines, we will need to verify both these on the WINDA system.
Already hold a valid GWO First Aid accreditation?
If you want to increase your first aid competencies, you can upgrade to the GWO Enhanced First Aid accreditation
It has been recognised that employees and contractors working offshore face increased challenges such as the increased medical response time for attending the scene of a casualty and a need for an increased level of response, first aid provision and equipment.
Other key factors include:
- Increased level of risk
- Access to advanced first aid equipment
- Offshore teams need to display advanced first aid and lifesaving competencies
As a direct result, the industry is placing a greater level of importance on remote medicine, increased responsibilities to sustain life at an offshore and remote location as well as offshore teams trained to an advanced level of first aid and are clearly able to safely apply these skills.
You can now work towards both the Enhanced GWO First Aid (EFA) and Refresher (EFAR) training courses certifications with HFR Solutions.
Valid for 2 years, the course syllabus of the 2 Day GWO Enhanced First Aid Refresher (EFAR) course covers a vast array of advanced first aid and medical competencies;
- Advanced airway management
- Bleeds and wounds
- Body temperature extremes
- Casualty packaging
- Medical emergencies
- Oxygen therapy
- Pain management
- The injured casualty
- Various practical first aid scenarios (Trauma)
- Casualty vital signs
This course includes various scenario-based training.
Enhanced GWO First Aid Standards
Click view to review the Enhanced GWO First Aid standards.
- Treat a patient promptly
- Ability to safely administer immediate enhanced first aid
- Better prepared to handle more serious first aid and trauma incidents
- Limiting the effects of major trauma
- Increased response times – places a greater responsibility to sustain life on remote/offshore workers
- Specialist course syllabus - advanced airway management
- Casualty packaging - transporting the causality to the ground floor, onto a helicopter deck (if one is present on the turbine) or onto a vessel
- Role and offshore environments – more responsibilities are placed on first responders
- Greater capability to deal with more serious medical and trauma incidents
- Delegates competency levels increase
- Legal responsibilities – if major trauma is highlighted as a foreseeable risk / credible scenario – provision has to be put in place to provide an adequate level of response
By completing the 2 Day Enhanced GWO First Aid Refresher (EFAR) training course, delegates will learn how to safely display and administer enhanced first aid techniques in a renewables environment.
Delegates will benefit from the following learner outcomes:
- Understand the importance of carrying out basic and enhanced first aid in a safe and sound manner, in accordance with local legislation and according to European Resuscitation Council (ERC)
- Identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of minor and serious injuries and illness related to the human body
- Act as a leader in first aid circumstances
- Administer safe, effective and immediate lifesaving and enhanced first aid measures to save lives and provide assistance in remote areas using advanced emergency equipment and medical teleconsultation, while having particular regard for personal-protection
- The delivery of immediate enhanced first aid to stabilise a casualty
- Request immediate rescue/medical assistance providing a concise report of the casualty’s condition
- Evaluate the casualty for injury or acute illness and determine if medical advice and external-to-incident support would be required
- Demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency situation in a Wind Turbine Generator environment
- Prepare the casualty for transfer to a nominated evacuation/rescue point at the location
- Request medical/rescue assistance by providing a concise and relevant report of the casualty’s condition