Fire Marshal / Warden
Course Code F02
Course Cost: £98 + Vat per delegate
Forthcoming Course Dates
Training Course Information
Designed for Fire Marshals & Wardens to improve your knowledge & skills to perform this role at work
Date of Next Course: Upon request
Venue: Fire Service Headquarters, Hessle - Nr Hull
Duration: One Day
HFR Solutions CIC Fire Marshal Training Course – learn from the experts in fire safety
This course is designed to equip Fire Marshals and Wardens with the skills, knowledge and understanding to safely perform both their proactive and reactive role in the workplace.
The Role of a Fire Marshal
Fire Marshals perform the vital role of making sure the working environment is safe in case of a fire. Although this role essentially comprises of performing many duties of a fire risk assessment, such as mitigating risks of a fire in the first place, actual tasks will vary from organisation to organisation, based upon factors such as the nature of the organisation, staff numbers employed and the size of the building.
As part of workplace safety training requirements, Fire Marshals should undertake a refresher training course every two years to validate their Fire Marshal certification.
A Fire Marshal’s role is usually split into two different elements, the proactive function of daily maintenance as well as the secondary reactive element during an alarm or confirmed fire.
Although the duties of a Fire Marshal may differ, they can include;
- Identifying fire hazards at their place of work
- Note and report hazards to the relevant people (i.e. Fire Safety Officer)
- Take the correct and necessary action in the event of a fire outbreak
- Ensure that escape routes are kept clear and exit doors are available for use
- Fire extinguishers are sealed and in the correct locations
- Fire alarms are clear and unobstructed
- Fire safety signs are in position
- All weekly fire alarm tests should be reported if faulty
The Fire Marshal’s role provides fire prevention support to the fire risk assessment process and in the event of an emergency need to take charge, follow fire evacuation procedures and ensure the safety of their colleagues.
HFR Solutions CIC utilising the skills, knowledge and experience of Humberside Fire & Rescue Service (HFRS)
HFR Solutions is able to utilise the skills, knowledge, experience and personnel of Humberside Fire & Rescue Service (HFRS) has provided our highly experienced team with unrivalled knowledge in the area of emergency planning, response, fire prevention and safety.
As a result of attending this course, delegates will increase their competence levels, knowledge and skills as syllabus topics will include;
- Legislative responsibilities and compliance
- Duties of a fire marshal (general and site specific)
- Science of fire
- The elements of the fire triangle (reactive and proactive)
- How fire spreads
- Fire prevention measures
- Fire actions (general and site specific)
- Common and site specific safety hazards
- Case study example
- Site specific roles and responsibilities
- Classes of fire
- Different types of fire extinguishers
- Selection, capability and limitations of fire extinguishers
- Practical use of fire extinguishers utilising live fire demonstration unit
- Practical exercises
Fire Marshal Training Hull, Fire Marshal Training Beverley, Fire Marshal Training Driffield, Fire Marshal Training Grimsby, Fire Marshal Training Immingham, Fire Marshal Training Scunthorpe, Fire Marshal Training Humber, Fire Marshal Training Lincolnshire, Fire Marshal Training North Lincolnshire, Fire Marshal Trainng North East Lincolnshire, Fire Marshal Courses Hull, Fire Marshal Courses Beverley, Fire Marshal Courses Driffield, Fire Marshal Courses Grimsby, Fire Marshal Courses Immingham, Fire Marshal Courses Scunthorpe, Fire Marshal Courses Humber, Fire Marshal Courses Lincolnshire, Fire Marshal Courses North Lincolnshire, Fire Marshal Courses North East Lincolnshire, Fire Marshal Courses East Yorkshire