GWO Advanced Rescue – Nacelle, Tower & Basement Module 2 (NTBR)
Course Code WAH11
Course Cost: Open Courses - £390 + Vat Per Delegate | Closed Courses - £2,730 + Vat Per Course
Forthcoming Course Dates
Training Course Information
Achieve your GWO Advanced Rescue - Nacelle, Tower & Basement (NTBR) module
Date of Next Course: Upon Request
Venue: HFR Solutions Training Centre, Hessle, Nr Hull
Duration: 2 Days
Validation: 2 Years
Awarding Body: GWO (Global Wind Organisation)
The objective of this ART module aims to provide a team of delegates with the skills and competencies to perform rescue operations from the nacelle, tower and basement areas of a wind turbine.
Your team of technicians will receive the following course benefits;
- Recognised GWO standard and accreditation
- Display competency to undertake advanced rescue capabilities from a high-risk working environment
- Display competency in the use of power-driven CRD’s in an active role for rescue up scenarios
- Develop specialised knowledge – such as assess and determine a rescue strategy for various rescue scenarios as well as an evacuation strategy during a rescue operation
Why your team of technicians would benefit from undertaking the Nacelle, Tower & Basement course module
The following business-critical factors should be given consideration;
- Your team will be working in a remote location and will require advanced rescue knowledge and capabilities
- High-risk operating environments
- Increased emergency service response times
- Your team will need to display increased skills and levels of competency
- Limited support within this operational environment
Practical course scenarios will include:
- Rescue up
- Rescue down
- Advanced stretcher work
- Achieve use of CRD's
- Power-driven devices
- Mechanical advantage systems
(NTBR) Course Syllabus
For further information on the GWO Advanced Rescue – Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue module, please download a copy of our course syllabus below.
The GWO Advanced Rescue Nacelle, Tower and Basement Module form part of the overall range of advanced rescue stands recently developed by the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) in-order to train your teams in advanced rescue scenarios and capabilities within an offshore environment. Teams and delegates looking to undertake this module, need to hold valid GWO Working at Height, GWO First Aid and Manual Handling certificates.
Teams and candidates who successfully complete the GWO Advanced Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue module will receive a certificate to confirm they have met the level of competence required. This certificate is valid for two years.
For any delegates wanting to book on the Enhanced GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Course), we require the following documentation:
- Full medical fitness
- In-date GWO Basic Safety Work at Height, First Aid, Manual Handling certificates
In-order to follow guidelines, we will need to verify these on the WINDA system.
- Perform descending and ascending rescue operations from an enclosed space within a wind turbine to an assembly area (i.e ground, transition piece or vessel).
- Perform these rescue operations in teams acting as the rescue team coordinator
- Prepare an injured person for helicopter rescue from a wind turbine
- GWO Advanced Rescue
- GWO Working at Height