GWO Advanced Rescue – Single Rescuer: Hub, Spinner & Inside Blade Rescue Module (SR:HSIBR)
Course Code WAH12
Course Cost: Open Courses - £175 + Vat Per Delegate | Closed Courses - £1,225 + Vat Per Course
Forthcoming Course Dates
Training Course Information
For single rescuers, achieve your GWO Advanced Rescue SR:HSIBR module
Date of Next Course: Upon Request
(Subject to minimum course delegates - 4)
Venue: HFR Solutions Training Centre, Hessle, Nr Hull
Duration: 1/2 Day
Awarding Body: GWO (Global Wind Organisation)
The GWO Advanced Rescue Single Rescuer - Hub, Spinner & Inside Blade Rescue Module aims to provides a single delegate with the competency to perform various rescue operations from the hub, spinner and inside the blade of a wind turbine.
Course Benefits for Individuals undertaking this module include:
- Recognised GWO standard certification
- The ability to assess and determine single rescuer rescue strategy (relevant rescue method, technique, certified equipment)
- Apply rescue methods and techniques in performing descending and ascending single rescuer rescue operations from a hub, spinner and inside a blade using a rescue stretcher and spineboard
- A technician will be able to display advanced rescue capabilities from a high-risk working environment
- Your team of technicians will be competent to rescue a colleague from the blade, spinner and hub within a wind turbine.
- Competent in the use of equipment in the rescue scenario outside the norm (i.e creation of suspended aerial rope to safely and effectively transfer the casualty from the spinner to nacelle
Delegates will undertake the practical course scenarios:
- Rescue from blade
- Rescue from spinner
- Rescue from hub
(SR:HSIBR) Course Syllabus
For further information on the GWO Advanced Rescue - Single Rescuer Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue module, please download a copy of our course syllabus below.
The GWO Advanced Rescue Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue Module form part of the overall range of advanced rescue stands recently developed by the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) in-order to train your delegates in advanced rescue scenarios within an offshore environment. Delegates looking to undertake this module, need to hold a valid GWO Working at Height, GWO First Aid and Manual Handling certificates.
Candidates who successfully complete the GWO Advanced Rescue Single Rescuer: Hub, Spinner & Inside Blade Rescue Module will receive a certificate to confirm they have met the level of competence required.
For any delegates wanting to book on the Enhanced GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Course), we require the following documentation:
- Full medical fitness
- In-date GWO Basic Safety Work at Height, First Aid, Manual Handling certificates
In-order to follow guidelines, we will need to verify these on the WINDA system.
- Delegates will be able to perform descending rescue operations from a wind turbine spinner, hub and from within a blade to an assembly area (i.e transition piece, ground or vessel).
- Perform single rescuer rescue operations from a wind turbine hub, spinner and inside a blade
- GWO Advanced Rescue
- GWO Working at Height