GWO Advanced Rescue – Single Rescuer: Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue Module (SR:NTBR)
Course Code WAH13
Course Cost: Open Courses - £175 + Vat Per Delegate | Closed Courses - £1,225 + Vat Per Course
Forthcoming Course Dates
Training Course Information
For single rescuers achieve your GWO Advanced Rescue - Single Rescuer SR:NTBR module
Date of Next Course: Upon Request
(Subject to minimum course delegates - 4)
Venue: HFR Solutions Training Centre, Hessle, Nr Hull
Duration: 1/2 Day
Awarding Body: GWO (Global Wind Organisation)
The GWO Advanced Rescue – Single Rescuer: Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue Module aims to provide a single delegate with the competency to perform various rescue operations from various areas of a wind turbine such as the nacelle, tower and basement.
Course Benefits - Individual
- Recognised GWO standard
- Technicians will be able to display advanced rescue capabilities from a high-risk working environment
- Delegates will be competent in the use of power-driven CRD’s in an active role for rescue up scenarios
- Develop specialised knowledge – such as assess and determine a rescue strategy for various rescue scenarios as well as an evacuation strategy during a rescue operation
- Your technician will be competent to rescue a colleague from various areas of a wind turbine
The following business-critical factors should be given consideration;
- Your team will be working in a remote location and require advanced rescue knowledge and capabilities
- Operating in an environment with high-risk
- Increased emergency service response times
- Your team will need to display increased skills and levels of competency
- There is minimal or limited help within this operational environment
(SR:NTBR) Course Syllabus
For further information on the GWO Advanced Rescue - Single Rescuer Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue module, please download a copy of our course syllabus below.
Practical course scenarios will include:
- Rescue up
- Rescue down
- Advanced stretcher work
- Achieve use of CRD's
- Power-driven devices
- Mechanical advantage systems
The GWO Advanced Rescue Nacelle, Tower and Basement Module forms part of the overall range of advanced rescue stands recently developed by the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) in-order to train your delegates in advanced rescue scenarios within an offshore environment. Delegates looking to undertake this module, need to hold a valid GWO Working at Height, GWO First Aid and Manual Handling certificates.
Candidates who successfully complete the GWO Advanced Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue module will receive a certificate to confirm they have met the level of competence required.
For any delegates wanting to book on the Enhanced GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Course), we require the following documentation:
- Full medical fitness
- In-date GWO Basic Safety Work at Height, First Aid, Manual Handling certificates
In-order to follow guidelines, we will need to verify these on the WINDA system.
- Delegates will be able to perform descending rescue operations from a wind turbine nacelle, tower and basement to a primary assembly area (i.e ground, transition piece or vessel).
- Apply rescue methods and techniques in performing descending and ascending single rescuer rescue operations
- Assess and determine single rescuer rescue strategy
GWO Advanced Rescue
GWO Working at Height