GWO Sea Survival Refresher
Course Code SS
Course Cost: £300 + Vat Per Delegate
Forthcoming Course Dates
Training Course Information
Refresh your GWO Accredited Sea Survival accreditation
Date of Next Course: Thursday 21st February
(See other forthcoming dates below)
Venue: HFR Solutions Partner, Hull
Duration: One Day
Awarding Body: GWO ( Global Wind Organisation)
This GWO Sea Survival refresher course is required for all personnel transferring to or from an offshore wind energy installation.
It will help to maintain the basic skills and comptence required to complete this transfer safely.
The GWO Sea Survival refresher course will be delivered in accordance with GWO trade association sea survival and marine training standards and will use a blended mix of theory and practical scenarios to provide best practice sea survival and marine survival training focused at meeting GWO offshore renewable accredited requirements.
HFR Solutions CIC - Meeting Your GWO Sea Survival Training Requirements
This intensive one-day refresher course, helps to refresh delegates with the core skills and competencies to met the GWO Sea Survival standards.
Delegates need to clearly demonstrate the following competencies;
- Demonstrate safe transfer from vessel to dock, vessel to foundation and vessel to vessel
- Demonstrate knowledge of the emergency and safety procedures on installations, vessels and wind turbine
- Knowledge of the dangers and symptoms related to drowning and hypothermia
- Demonstrate recovery and first aid treatment of a "man over board"
- Demonstrate individual and collective survival techniques at sea
The learning outcomes for delegates attending our GWO Sea Survival training course will include:
- Improving the safely of your employees who undertake work at offshore locations
- Greater understanding of rescue techniques
- Improved knowledge and increased competence – greater insight and ability to implement best practice
- Gain the industry approved GWO marine survival accreditation
Your GWO Sea Survival accreditation needs to be revalidated every two year period.
Customer Testimonials - Don't Just Take Our Word For It ......
"The four courses (Working at Height, Manual Handling Operations, Fire Safety and First Aid) offered by HFRS within Renewables have been “first class”. The expertise of the HFRS trainers have in the subjects areas is what makes HFRS “first class” as the trainers are from the Fire & Rescue Services that have “lived and breathed” real-life hazardous environments.
The HFRS facilities are welcoming, have and use the proper equipment for courses content with great outdoor and indoor practical working exercise areas. Everyone is approachable, willing to help and support all the course attendees making your day most enjoyable."
Justin Kenyon, HSEO Advisor/Safety Engineer in Renewables, Centrica
If you are looking for a highly reputable training provider based in the Yorkshire, Humber and Lincolnshire regions, who delivers the GWO Sea Survival Refresher Training Course, please contact HFR Solutions CIC on 01482 398521 today.
Upon successfully completion the GWO Sea Survival Refresher Training Course, delegates completing this course will be deemed to have displayed and demonstrated the basic knowledge and skills to meet GWO's competency for the Sea Survival element of the GWO basic safety training modules and will receive a certificate to confirm they have met the GWO accredited standards.