Hazardous Material Spill Kit Training
Course Code ER01
Course Cost: Price on application
Forthcoming Course Dates
Training Course Information
This Hazardous Material Spill Kit training course details the correct use of the site based spill kit to enable a safe early conclusion to minor spills.
Date of Next Course: Upon Request
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Once your staff have attended this training course, they will know how to use the specified spill kit effectively. Spill kit training can prevent further more serious environmental incidents occurring. By using a spill kit quickly and effectively you can mitigate damage to the environment and reduce the implications to public health, plant and wildlife.
- Key legislation regarding the storage, movement and control of liquids in the workplace. Potential penalties for non-compliance.
- Disposal of contaminated materials.
- Businesses obligations to prevent possible spillages.
- Types of sorbent and absorbent products available, their uses and why they are different.
- How to use drain and site maps to protect them.
- Key actions to stop, contain, and clean up in the event of a spill.
- The use of spill control products through a practical mock scenario.