Level 2 Award in Fire Safety (QCF)
Course Code F05
Course Cost: £85 per delegate
Forthcoming Course Dates
Training Course Information
This level 2 accredited course is designed to prepare delegates with a solid understanding and grounding in proactive fire safety and prevention issues.
Date of Next Course: TBC
Duration: One Day
Awarding Body: QCF
Delegates will learn about how fire starts and spreads and how they can influence that process as well as their own responsibilities.
Part of the course is devoted to teaching delegates their role in assisting in a safe evacuation and how to ensure other staff members are safe Delegates will also receive input on the selection and practical application of fire extinguishers
- Legislative responsibilities
- Fire marshal duties (general and site specific)
- Science of fire
- Fire triangle (reactive and proactive)
- Fire spread / development
- Fire prevention
- Fire actions (general and site specific)
- Common / site specific safety hazards
- Site specific roles and responsibilities
- Fire extinguisher types
- Classes of fire
- Selection, capability and limitations of fire extinguishers.
- Practical use of fire extinguishers utilising live fire demonstration