Level 3 Award in Paediatric Emergency First Aid
Course Code FA05
Course Cost: Price on application
Forthcoming Course Dates
Training Course Information
This course is intended for people who hold specific responsibilities to administer first aid to children (including babies) when dealing with an emergency situation.
Date of Next Course: Upon request
Duration: Two Days
The Level 3 Award in Paediatric Emergency First Aid course syllabus includes;
- Roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation safely
- Providing first aid to an unresponsive, breathing casualty.
- Providing first aid to an unresponsive, not breathing casualty.
- Clearing the airway of a choking child
- Managing injury and bleeding in paediatrics
- Managing shock in paediatrics
- Providing first aid to an infant/child with anaphylaxis
- Injuries to infant/child bones, joints and muscles
- Paediatric head/spinal injuries
- Providing first aid to a child with conditions affecting ear, nose or eyes
- Sudden chronic medical condition/ illness in paediatrics
- Children suffering from Hypo/Hyperthermia
- Providing first aid to a child who has sustained an electric shock
- Burns and Scalds in Paediatrics
- Providing first aid to a child or infant that has been poisoned
- Managing bites and stings in Paediatrics
- Treating a child or infant with minor injuries
- Completing records relating to illness, injuries and emergencies
Our Paediatric Emergency First Aid course is intended for people who hold specific responsibilities to administer first aid to
- cCildren (including babies)
- When dealing with an emergency situation,
- Sudden paediatric illness or paediatric injury.