Emergency Rescue and Recovery
Course Code CST04
Course Cost: Price on application
Forthcoming Course Dates
Training Course Information
The rescue and recovery of casualties should an emergency arise, within a confined space environment requires a dedicated team. This course provides delegates a thorough understanding of being a member of a Confined Space Rescue Team.
Date of Next Course: Upon Request
Duration: Two Days
This dedicated confined space rescue team may be an in-house team, specialist contractors or the emergency services by prior arrangement.
This course develops delegates into trained, competent personnel, who can adapt their rescue skills in a dynamic situation. This course will also require competence in “Working in High Risk Confined Space”.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to: Work to current legislation.
- Identify and work safely in high risk confined spaces.
- Identify dangers associated with these areas.
- Understand emergency Decision Making Model (Dynamic Situations).
- Plan & implement rescue team operations.
- Work safely and effectively as a rescue team member.
- Understand the human respiratory system.
- Use gas detection equipment in hazardous atmospheres.
- Use personal protective equipment, i.e. ropes, harnesses and man riding hoists.
- Use Safe Systems of Work for entry into confined spaces.
- Utilize various methods of communication.
- Initiate basic life Support procedures (CPR).
- Practical exercises to national Occupational Standards.
- Diseases and personal hygiene associated with confined spaces.
- Awareness of the need for periodic examinations of equipment.
- Course assessment.
Confined Space Related Equipment
For any maintenance or infrastructure work undertaken within a confined space area, it is essential that the correct equipment is always used to ensure you comply to relevant health and safety legalisation, project work is undertaken in a safe manner and controlled environment and providing the contractor, employee or technician with the confidence to undertake their work safely. Important equipment for working in a confined space areas should include;
PPE (helmet, gloves, harness, RPE etc)
Multi gas monitors
Portable lighting (Intrinsically Safe/ATEX Approved)
Entry and exit logs
Breathing apparatus (Escape sets/Airline/SCBA)
HFR Solutions CIC Emergency Rescue & Recovery comprehensive two-day training course will upskill your employees and provide them a good knowledge of the rescue procedures and communication methods so the top attendant can gather information and perform a rescue safely. Delegates who attend will benefit from the following learner outcomes;
- Identify confined space entry - Be able to identify the common dangers in and around confined space entry
- Better prepared - Be able to identify the common dangers in and around confined space entry
- Equipment use - Identify the equipment needed for confined space entry and rescue
- Rescue procedures - Good knowledge of rescue procedures and safely perform rescues
- Upskilled employees and contractors - Better knowledge and confidence of confined space environments
- Able to apply safe systems of work - Implement best practice procedures
- Increased capabilities - qualified employees and contractors
For a better understanding of existing confined space legalisation and how this may impact on your business and internal operations, please review;
Confined Space Regulations 1997
Confined Spaces within machinery
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992
- Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
Equipment required before entering a confined space
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 2002
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992
- Management of Health & Safety at Work regulations 1992
Further Confined Space Information & Links
Confined space rescue training, confined space rescue training course, confined space rescue training courses, confined space rescue courses, rescue confined space training, rescue confined space courses, courses for confined space rescue, training for confined space rescue, training courses for confined space rescue, How to rescue from confined space, confined space rescue training exercises, confined space rescue practical exercises, confined space rescue course exercises, rescue from confined space training, rescue from confined spaces training courses, confined space rescue plans for confined space workers, Hull, Grimsby, Immingham, Scunthorpe, Humber, East Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire, Confined space rescue training hull, Confined space rescue training Grimsby, Confined space rescue training Immingham, Confined space rescue training Scunthorpe, Confined Space rescue training Humber, Confined space rescue training Yorkshire, Confined space rescue training North East Lincolnshire, Confined Space rescue training North Lincolnshire, Confined space rescue plan Hull, Confined space rescue Grimsby, Confined space rescue plan Immingham, Confined space rescue plan Scunthorpe, Confined space rescue plan Humber, Confined space rescue plan East Yorkshire, Confined space rescue plan Yorkshire, Confined space rescue plan Lincolnshire, Confined space rescue plan North Lincolnshire, Confined space rescue plan North East Lincolnshire , Confined space entry rescue plans