Evacuation Chair Training
Course Code F06
Course Cost: Price on application
Forthcoming Course Dates
Training Course Information
Fire Safety regulations require employers to put in place systems for evacuating disabled employees from the upper floors of a building.
Date of Next Course: TBC
Duration: One Day
This course teaches delegates the theory behind moving a casualty into the ‘Casualty Evacuation Chair’ from sitting on the floor, lying on the floor, from a wheelchair, from standing. These topics are all then backed up with the opportunity to consolidate this knowledge practically with a series of practical exercises and mentored sessions.
- On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognise the situations in which it is appropriate to use a casualty evacuation chair
- Recognise the manual handling hazards associated with using the chair
- Successfully move an individual from various positions into the chair
- Safely use the chair to move an individual downstairs
- Recognise the limitation of the chair