IOSH Working Safely
Course Code S03
Course Cost: £135 Per Delegate + Vat
Forthcoming Course Dates
Training Course Information
HFR Solutions delivers IOSH accredited Working & Managing Safely training course syllabus
Date of Next Course: Upon Request
Venue: Humberside Airport, Kirmington, North East Lincolnshire
Duration: One Day
Awarding Body: IOSH
IOSH Working Safely is an accredited one-day course for people at any level, in any sector, requiring a good grounding in the importance of health and safety within the workplace.
It focuses on why health and safety is important, and how you can make a real difference to the wellbeing of yourself and others through changing your behaviour. It focuses on best practice rather than legislation.
1. Introducing working safely.
- This module stresses the realities of the human suffering behind the statistics and emphasises the importance of personal responsibility.
2. Defining hazard and risk
- This module puts ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ into everyday language, and uses familiar examples to show what can happen. Importantly, it makes it clear that even something that is very simple or repeated over and over again can go wrong, with serious consequences.
3. Identifying common hazards.
- All the main issues are covered in this module – entrances and exits, work traffic, fire, chemicals, electricity, physical and verbal abuse, bullying, stress, noise and the working environment, slips, trips and falls, and manual handling.
4. Improving safety performance
- This module deals with systems and processes, making sure that any jargon is explained in easily understood terms. The session bridges the gap between management and workforce, encouraging delegates to play a part in processes that are commonly seen as just down to their manager or supervisor.
5. Protecting our environment
- A short but effective introduction to waste and pollution leads into a look at how organisations and individual team members can get involved in reducing environmental impacts.
The Institution of Occupational Health (IOSH) is the Chartered body for health and safety professionals and the world's largest professional health and safety membership organisation. This organisation is committed to creating a world of work which is healthy, safe and responsible and their accredited training courses are widely accepted as an avenue that provides essential details, tools, resource and skills. HFR Solutions CIC is an IOSH accredited training of the IOSH Working Safely and Managing Safely training courses.
For delegates attending the IOSH Working Safely training course delivered by HFR Solutions CIC, will benefit from the following learner outcomes;
Upskilled employees and contractors - confidently able to identify risk
Increased capabilities – for employees and any other members of staff, who to undertake risk assessments in your workplace
Recognised qualification - IOSH is a recognised health and safety qualification
Investment in your employees and business - risk identification can help to mitigate future costs to your business
Progression - delegates successfully completing the IOSH course can progress onto NEBOSH accredited health and safety training courses
Able to apply best practice procedures - to real-life workplace risks and hazard scenarios